Salem County Improvement Authority
The Salem County Improvement Authority (SCIA) has broad bonding powers to fund capital development projects including public facilities, nonprofit facilities, renewable energy projects, tourism and recreational facilities, utility projects, airport and marine terminals, transportation projects, and educational facilities. Through the issuance of tax exempt bonds, local governments, schools, nonprofit organizations, and developers can benefit from lower interest rate financing.
Advantages to SCIA Financing
- No Down Payment
- Exemption from Cap Restraints
- Longer-term Useful Life
- Negotiated Bond Sales
- Flexible Repayment Schedules
- Competitive Fee Policies
- Project Management
- Rapid Approval and Closing
The Chambers Works
The Chambers Works facility in Deepwater, New Jersey, has all the attributes needed by heavy industrial tenants.
The Chambers Works facility has been safely operated for over 80 years by the DuPont Company and is now owned and operated by The Chemours Company. The conveniently located site is now seeking industrial tenants for both greenfield and brownfield tracts of land.
Chambers Works Site Highlights
- Approximately 1,500 acres: 50% currently used for operations and 50% wildlife habitat
- On-site incident first responder-capability (injury, spill, fire, etc.)
- Contracted security force, including on- and off-site; local law enforcement integral to site security
- Hazardous chemical management expertise
- Excellent highway, rail, and river access
- Knowledgeable of New Jersey environmental regulations
- Excellent local vocational education opportunities through Salem Community College and technical
schools-chemical plant operator curriculum
Site Attributes – Land and Utilities
- Greenfield and brownfield land for development
- Truck (with scales) and rail access with on-site railcar handling (2 locomotives)
- Chambers Cogeneration (electricity and steam) on site River water- Delaware River: 13,000 gal/min
- Process/potable water – Salem Canal: 5,000 gal/min
- Hydrogen and carbon monoxide (Praxair facility on site)
- Deepwater access available
- Instrument air, nitrogen, and natural gas available
- Existing warehouse space available
Prime Northeast United States Industrial Location
- Located adjacent to 1-295 and 1-95 corridors
- 30 minutes from Philadelphia International Airport
- 15 minutes from Amtrak train station in Wilmington, Delaware
Re-Development Zone Financing
SCIA can assist with planning capital development projects in locally-designated redevelopment areas. Private sector projects may qualify for tax-exempt bonds through the SCIA. They can also finance private projects that do not qualify with taxable bonding. These bonds are Federally taxable, but exempt from State tax.
SCIA can also help arrange meetings with State agencies that provide tax and financing incentives.
Other Financing Opportunities
RCG - Regional Capital Group
CONSTRUCTION FUNDING FOR BUILD-TO-SUIT PROJECTS & ACQUISITION OF SINGLE TENANT ASSETS
For more information, visit their website: http://www.regionalcapital.com/
We specialize in structuring single-tenant net leases for sale-leasebacks and new development build-to-suits. Through a joint venture Construction Build-to-Suit platform, we can provide the ability to create new opportunities for your development team without committing capital. Specifically, 100% of the capital will be made available. This allows you to eliminate market risk and the need to secure equity and debt funding, receive development fee income, conserve capital for future projects, preserve your balance sheet and maintain strong tenant relationships. Funding is also available for existing single tenant assets in a sale-leaseback structure.
There is a wide range of asset classes including:
Corporate offices; data centers; call centers; warehouse/distribution facilities; governmental or state-run facilities; truck terminals; manufacturing; all retail including big box; drug stores; restaurants; auto service centers/dealerships; national furniture stores; convenience stores; medical office, hospitals, and acute care; University buildings including housing; prisons or correctional facilities; bank sites including branches and operation centers.
Regional Capital Group (RCG)
A nationwide real estate opportunity fund manager and the manager of Regional Centers for the EB-5 program. RCG has over 25 years of experience as a direct real estate lender and investor.
Paul Braungart, President
Regional Capital Group
(856) 983-4800 x 206
Thrive New Jersey
Thrive New Jersey, Program from New Jersey Community Capital
New Jersey Community Capital is a nonprofit community development financial institution that provides innovative financing and technical assistance to foster the creation of quality homes, educational facilities, and employment opportunities in underserved communities of New Jersey.
By investing in financially sound, socially-motivated projects that are often unable to access capital from conventional sources, we improve social outcomes while providing a reliable financial return to our investors. In recent years, we have become a leading innovator of strategies to propel the recovery from the foreclosure crisis, including the large-scale acquisition and rehabilitation of abandoned properties and the bulk-purchase and modification of large pools of nonperforming mortgages. We have also begun several initiatives to support New Jersey’s recovery from Hurricane Sandy. Meanwhile, we continue to provide portfolio management, financial training, research sponsorship, and policy advocacy in order to advance community development in New Jersey.