The Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program is targeted funding for restaurants, child care, small and micro businesses.
Award sizes: Up to $20,000
*Businesses with 1-5 full time employees: max grant of $10,000; 6-25 FTEs: $15,000; 26-50 FTEs: $20,000
What You Need to Do:
Begin compiling key information and documents.
If you do not have a username and password for NJEDA’s pre-registration portal from Phase 3 or if you cannot locate them, create them here.
April 19, 9:00 a.m. – April 29, 5:00 a.m.
Must pre-register to be eligible to apply for the grants. It is NOT first come, first served!
Pre-registration must be completed by 5:00 PM sharp on April 29
The application is first come, first served. Entities must apply on their designated date to be eligible for a grant. To apply, pre-registered businesses must visit NJEDA’s application portal. View more information and support resources.
Want to receive reminders about pre-registration? Text “grant4” to 888-NJEDA-21 (653-3221).
- Must have physical location in NJ
- Must be registered to do business in New Jersey
- Must be in Department of Labor good standing
- Must have no more than 50 full-time employees
- Must certify to negative impact of emergency
- Must certify intent to not lay off any workers
- Businesses that didn’t apply for, or weren’t approved for Phase 3 funding –
9:00 a.m. on May 3, 2021
- Restaurants and child care providers – 9:00 a.m. on May 5, 2021
- Micro businesses (five or fewer FTEs) – 9:00 a.m. on May 10, 2021
- All other small businesses – 9:00 a.m. on May 12, 2021\
Pre-registration portal is open now until at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 29, 2021!