Applications Due March 22, 2021
MOUNT LAUREL, NJ, January 7, 2021 – USDA Rural Development (RD) is seeking applications for the Value Added Producer Grant Program (VAPG). Applications will be accepted through close of business on March 22, 2021. State information on the program and application materials are available on the RD website for New Jersey.
The VAPG program helps agricultural producers in rural communities develop and market their products, and widen their areas of distribution, to increase their income and strengthen rural food networks. Eligible applicants include independent producers, agricultural producer groups, farmer and rancher cooperatives, and producer-based majority-controlled business ventures. In fiscal year 2020, RD funded a range of VAPG projects including:
- Beyond Organic Growers, NJ, received a grant of $114,030 for the expansion of greens, juice and smoothies’ sales through direct retail means to increase net revenue and create more jobs to benefit the local economy.
- Riverine Ranch, NJ, received a $184,000 grant to launch production and sales of two new mixed-milk cheeses and expand the market for Buffalo and Cows milk, expanding dairying in New Jersey.
- Salem Oak Vineyards, NJ, grant of $44,000 is to improve the Vineyards brand, packaging and marketing methods.
- Stewgler Farm & Forest LLC, NJ, received $12,500 for the production of Goat’s milk and forestry products.
- Valenzano Winery LLC, NJ, received a $250,000 grant that consists of expanding the sales of “Canned Carbonated Wine” by advertising through events and radio, using the intake of delivered grapes and processing them into canned wine.
USDA Rural Development
c/o Business Programs Division
521 Fellowship Road, Suite130
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
USDA Rural Development provides loans and grants to help expand economic opportunities and create jobs in rural areas. This assistance supports housing, infrastructure improvements, business development, high-speed internet access, and community facilities such as schools, public safety and health care.